Want to be a reporter or would you like to buy a report for the best price?
Just Sign Up here!
Privacy guidelines License our content Help
Nigeria's presidency says it has agreed a ceasefire with militants Boko Haram which would see the return of 219 kidnapped girls - reported the SkyNews.
The group kidnapped more than 200 girls at gunpoint from a school in Chibok, northeastern Nigeria, on April 14.
Some of the girls managed to escape from the group in the aftermath of their kidnap or during fighting among militants, but the vast majority were still missing.
Air Marshal Alex Badeh, chief of defence staff, said: "A ceasefire agreement has been concluded between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati wal Jihad (Boko Haram)
The president's principal secretary Hassan Tukur told the AFP news agency that an agreement to end hostilities had been reached after talks with the Islamist group.
he development was announced on the day 107 Boko Haram militants and eight soldiers were killed in fighting in northern Cameroon, according to the country's defence ministry.